Sunday, March 30, 2008

Praise God

So back in July of 2007 I got so called laid off due to lack of work. Well at that time it was really hard for me to just accept that. I was really upset because it was not done (letting me go) very well by my employer. Over the course of time from then until now I was on unemployment and going back to school while I was still looking for a job. I sent out about 300 or so resumes and had only heard back from a few, and all of those were the "Thanks for your application but we regret to inform you that your skills were not what we were looking for blah blah blah...." So I had this brilliant idea that I was going to go and get my certified nursed aid licence ( That is a whole other blog ), well I did and I sent out two application and the very next day I had an interview for the following Wednesday. Then a few days later I got a call from my other application and had a interview set up for the Thursday after my first interview.
So on Wed. I went to my interview at Shorehaven and that went well but they said that I would not here from them in about two weeks. Well Thur. I went to my other interview at Hackley Hospital and walked out with a job.
Just to show you how God is awesome. I lost a job but in its place I went back to school to continue my education towards my nursing degree. Had I not done that I would be further behind this fall when I am actually able to start my nursing program. If I had gotten another job out of the numbers of applications I sent out I would not have gone and gotten my CNA nor would I have this job in a hospital. With all things working towards helping me out in my goal to become an RN.

No comments: